Oldest Furnace Contest Rules 2017
January 1, 1970
Oldest Furnace Entry Disclaimers/Rules/Restrictions
- The contest is for owner occupied, single family homes with forced air ducted heating systems.
- Entrants must be legal adults and legal residents of COLORADO. Entrants must be homeowners and fully empowered to make purchase and home improvement decisions regarding their residence.
- Homes must be located within the United Maintenance, Inc. dba Carbon Valley Heating and Air (CVHVAC) service area, defined as: Firestone, Frederick, Dacono, Erie and surrounding areas within 15 miles radius of 810 1st Street, Firestone, CO 80520.
- Entries must be received no later than 10/31/2017 12:00 pm.
- Entries may be submitted to CVHVAC online at www.CarbonValleyHeatingandAir.com, emailed to info@CarbonValleyHeatingandAir.com, or mailed to PO Box 23, Firestone, CO 80520.
- The existing furnace must be operating and providing heat to the home.
- Homeowner must provide make, model and serial number of existing furnace. These numbers need to be original to the equipment, attached to the equipment and legible.
- The twenty oldest models submitted will be confirmed and verified by a representative from Carbon Valley Heating and Air.
- Representatives from CVHVAC must be allowed access to the existing furnace to examine the installation and record manufacturer nameplate information and perform sizing calculations.
- Date and time of furnace examinations will be determined by CVHVAC.
- The winner will be the oldest furnace submitted according to objective information (e.g., the furnace nameplate), installation or sale paperwork provided by the homeowner, or the best judgment of CVHVAC employees.
- All decisions are final.
- The winner will be selected on 11/16/2017 and informed prior to media announcements.
- The winner will be posted online at www.CarbonValleyHeatingAndAir.com by 11/23/2017.
- The verified winning entry will receive: a new 80% or higher AFUE Furnace at no cost to the homeowner. Homeowner is responsible for labor and/or additional materials for/and code requirements.
- Three additional gifts will be given away for the top runners-up!
- The homeowner also agrees to display a CVHVAC yard sign for the duration of 90 consecutive days.
- The winning entry will be responsible for: Permit fees, taxes, duct system modifications (if necessary), any hazardous material removal and abatement (e.g., asbestos), and any improvements needed to bring the installation in compliance with existing building and mechanical codes (any applicable costs will be quoted, approved and paid for prior to installation).
- The winning entry will agree to allow CVHVAC to use images and likenesses of the old and new furnaces and homeowners, and the homeowners’ name in promotional material.
- The winner will provide CVHVAC with 12 months of heating bill information prior to the replacement, 12 months of heating bill information following the installation, and release CVHVAC to share this information with the public.
- Entrants agree to receive newsletters and other information from CVHVAC from time to time. CVHVAC lists or customer information will not be shared with other companies. Entrants can remove themselves from any subscription lists at any time by notifying CVHVAC by mail, phone, through the CVHVAC website, or by email of their desire to be removed from any lists.
- Entrants agree to hold Carbon Valley Heating and Air, its owners, officers, agents, and employees harmless for any injuries, loss, or damages related to the contest.
- Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
- No entry fee or purchase is required.
- Employees of CVHVAC and their family members are not eligible.
- Excludes major code upgrades; homeowner must comply with current codes to ensure proper installation.
- Offer is only valid if equipment is installed by Carbon Valley Heating and Air.